Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mexico Day 7----One night left to live....in Tijuana


The sun was setting over the Pacific ocean as I stared at the end of a dirt road that led into a valley and eventually into the Ocean. Turning around I saw the lives of many Mexican families as they went about their normal business. Glancing back across the valley my eyes were drawn to small and poorly put together houses. As I continued to just think about the situation I was in the voices of 18 orphans, 5 orphan care adults, and 1 other family encased me. In the middle of Tijuana worship filled the air as it always does at the orphanage. It was one of those moments when I was stuck in God's grace and overwhelmed by his grandeur. Entering church I came to the realization the any love these kids have for God comes from seeing the example put out by the five workers and the pastor. Their posture of worship was incredible humble and grateful. It was great we again said what we were thankful for and I got the chance to tell the church that I am thankful for my new big family in Christ in Tijuana (I wanted to say that my heart was with them, but I didn't know how, but it didn't matter because Mackenzi feeling the same way told them that and both times we spoke the room filled with Amens and "Gloria a Dios"s. I'm just still overwhelmed by how their entire lives revolve around Christ its cool.

We are preparing to leave and it is obvious that tomorrow they will have to return to life as normal without us, but it has been so incredible to begin to say our farewells. Two kids have given us notes and both say that we are there best friends and that they love us and that they pray God blesses us!

Manuel and Armando came to church today and we got to chat and exchange numbers and email adresses and the like (On the paper Manuel wrote in perfect English "You are my best friend"...He's actually my friend and I like it lots). As time drifted by and we needed to begin to part ways we embraced and began to walk away, but with urgency he called out "WAIT, I want to pray for you guys!" He just encouraged us and continued to pray, and I got to pray for them and it was so freaking cool! I loved spending time with them and it was so much fun getting to know these true amigos de Christo. It was sweet! Keep praying for all these people I love them much and a part of my heart is stuck in Tijuana! There will be one more blog in a few days! I hope you have been encouraged reading about these kids and the church! They send their love! Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you David. Your blogs have been a blessing to us all. I have a lot of the same feelings about Guatemala.

    ReplyDelete