Friday, August 20, 2010

Mexico-Day 3

Today is a totally different day than any other we will have this week. Today is my chance to chill and do some touristy things. However, God never stops being present in these moments. I want to tell you guys about the most amazing woman I have ever met named April.

April is a typically white lady from Los Angeles and she is well-off and she knows normal American life, but my friends she has no desire to settle. April has been coming down to Tijuana at least once a week for over 25 years. Now she and her husband own a house in Mexico and stay here every Tuesday through Saturday! She longs to bring truth and life to a broken nation. She is incredible. Her heart beats for the broken, her heart beats for the hurting, her heart beats for the church and it never stops beating. While many Americans have been fleeing Tijuana because of drug cartell wars, human sex trafficking and more she has gone into the core of it! Every Wednesday night she brings a group into Zona Norte and feeds the homeless in that area. Zona Norte is the red-light district of Tijuana. It is filled with prostitution and drug trafficking and criminals galore! In fact just a block down the road from where they feed the homeless is the Purple Rain night club where a person can buy anything! And by anything I mean anything...you can buy drugs, you can buy sex, you can buy weapons, you can even pay to have someone murdered. In the midst of this craziness, danger, crime, hell April shines the light of Jesus with soup and a smile. I can only hope you get the chance to experience April, She is the epitome of hope, love, hospitality, passion, and any other redeeming quality! Please keep April in your prayers.

I have so much more to write, but I had to blog earlier today because of a party at April's house (which she throws every friday for between 30-80 people)!

Oh Duh! The kids! They are doing amazing today...We haven't seen them in 5 hours and Mackenzi and Carly were already talking about how much they miss them! They are such a blessing. Today I went into the Baby room and a 18 month year old girl named Lucy ran up to me and grabbed my shirt tail. She wouldn't let go...She rested by me while I fed another Baby. She smiled at me. Let me tell you a little about Lucy...
She is adorable, she does her hair in pig tails, she wears little cute dresses, she has teh most heavy duty garbage bag diapers ever, she laughs at me when I bark like a dog and her little teeth that are still incoming and definitely baby teeth show up! She is my one of my favorites! There is also Oscar who is three years old. Today I picked him up and he was just smiling at me and I would throw him up in the air and he would laugh so loud! Eventually he looked at me and said, "David, tu quieres comer mi mano?" which means "David, do you want eat my hand." And of course I responded with "No, Tengo comer tu Cabeza." which means "No, I want eat your head!" That is OSCAR! He is awesome! Adios! Hablamos Manana!

2 comments:

  1. April= Salt and Light. May we all learn from her faith. Praying for her and you all.

    ReplyDelete